Wednesday 4 June 2014

Rain and the Greek island of Kos

This morning I'm off on holiday to the beautiful Greek island of Kos. I weighed out oatmeal to take with me (sad) and am hoping for lots of glorious Greek salads and fresh fish. If I can find a place to blog from while away I will, but I think it is more likely that I will sign off for the week and catch up with you when I return next Thursday.

Pablo the cat will be looked after my sister who lives next door. She will practically move in so that she can look after everything, water the rose garden and feed Rob's pigeons. There are few sights more uplifting than seeing the pigeons burst out of the loft when they are let out in the morning. They circle round and round the valley with a singing beat of their wings which makes them sound mechanical.

The grass has been cut between spring showers, the first blooms of my David Austen Munstead Wood are unfurling under the heavy drops of rain. The woodpecker drills across in the wood at the bottom of the field and it seems a shame to go when everything is so green and lovely. But it's not very warm and we have seen so little sun in the past couple of weeks it will be good to dry out and get a top up of vitamin D.  Until next week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment