Friday 4 July 2014

Shared meals and tennis

A lovely day today. Breezy, spots of rain, but not enough to spoil anything. My sister Lucy and I had lunch outside her house looking over the view of fields and woods. I'd made sweet potato soup with coconut and chilli and we ate it with rye sourdough laced with walnuts and pumpkin seeds. At least I did, Lucy wimped out and had bought wheat wholemeal. Then Rob, James, Lucy and I visited our parents house for tea. I had to put away the food hourglass plan because my mother had made the most glorious gooseberry pie with 100% white flour pastry. We had that with a blob of custard each and it was wonderful. The rest of the meal was pretty good, food hourglass speaking. We had lots of salad, lean meat, eggs, quorn fillet and giant beans in tomato sauce.

After the meal, (washed down with a nice red wine) we watched the tennis men's semi finals which had been recorded earlier in the day. Fabulous. Can't wait for the final Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment